How to ask better questions, and how to assess user experience using surveys, were the themes of the workshop I ran for UXLX – the 2014 User Experience conference held in Lisbon.
We focused first on the four key areas for improving survey questions:
- reading and understanding the question
- finding the answer
- judging the answer
- placing the answer
We then looked at the specifics of surveys about user experience and satisfaction, covering topics such as:
- The challenge of usability and surveys
- The pros and cons of using standard UX questionnaires
- What is satisfaction, and how can you assess it with a survey
- How to use survey methods to learn about user experience.
featured image by Leo Reynolds, Creative Commons