At any time there are dozens of forms products on the market so how do you choose the right option for physically creating your form.
In this paper for the Business Forms Management Association Symposium, I explore five areas you need to consider:
- Features: What does the software do? Can it do the things you need it to do?;
- Fit: How will the software fit in with other products that you use, and with your organisation’s IT strategy?;
- Futures: Where is the market going? Is this product going to leave you in a proprietary niche or without support?;
- Flexibility: What changes can you foresee for your organization? Do you need to plan for different needs or working practices?
- Funds: What’s your budget? Can you afford the product, the licenses, the training, the upgrades?